February 23, 2011

Modular Madness Final

MATERIALS:
1. I believe it does. They form rings that slowly lose the form towards the bottom.
2. It would have to be something really similar. Only the way condiment packets make the shape I was looking for possible. Wide and flat and long.
3. They had to cover a large surface area and were really tiny. The cube wanted to keep revealing the cardboard underside.
4. I have enjoyed the 3D side of this class much more than the 2D side so far.

PROCESS/AMBITIOUSNESS:
1. I would say it does. It is as tall as me. It has a pretty complex understructure that is keeping the whole weird shape of the tower from crumpling upon itself. It has almost 2000 ketchup packets that are arraigned meticulously to convey my idea.
2. I initially imagined it straight up and down with the tower being symmetrical all the way around. After messing with the chicken wire it seemed more interesting for the slanted look that I have in the final
3. Definitely the final product. The bottom of the tower is much more ambitious than I had originally planned it to be.

CRAFTSMANSHIP:
1. I would say it complements it. The piece seems to flow appropriately well.

FORM:
1. Shape. My piece is changes of different shapes. Color. The difference of color between the cube and the tower so a definite contrast between the two.
2. Use of repetition and rhythm. Each couple of rows subtly changes the what a ketchup packet can do, adding complexity. Continuance. Your eyes are naturally directed from up to down. Contrast. The difference between order and chaos in the piece should be striking.

CONCEPT:
1. Ketchup is a liquid. The piece is supposed to evoke the feelings of a liquid falling.
2. I'm not sure if it specifically does.

PRESENTATION:
1. It was open and surrounded by a lot of objects that were red and white.
2. There is just enough room to walk all the way around. It is not too open.
3. It is definitely the tallest piece in that surrounding area. It draws attention to itself.
4. Some of the pieces are either primarily white or primarily red, so it does respond in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment