February 28, 2011

Modular Madness Crit


Overall I'm not sure how "good" this project is. I certainly heard a couple of people say they really liked it, but it seemed not to be as big of a hit as I imagined it would.

My criticism for the project was that it needed to be more ambitious and more chaotic. It was said that I needed to put more ketchup packets at the bottom and that the ketchup packets should have been arranged more chaotically. I certainly think that the sculpture would have been more interesting with more ketchup packets at the bottom, but time constraints were the issue. I had already spent an inordinate amount of time working on it already and finished by 5:30 that morning still. I guess technically I could have just not slept that night, or more time could have been assigned if this wasn't good enough. For the chaos of the piece, I was I knew how to make it more chaotic. It probably would have appeared more chaotic if I devolved it faster up the tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment