January 27, 2011

Cardboard "Spheres"

Wow, this project proved to be much more difficult than I originally had imagined it would be. Mostly due to my own ignorance, of course. My plan was to cut out all the pieces first and glue them all on Sunday. This was all well and good until my glue gun decided to stop working for no apparent reason in the middle of making my structural sphere. From that point on, I had to resort to using wood glue, which was so much more tedious to glue each piece together. I have definitely learned not to wait until the last minute now and to always have extra copies of my supplies. 

No Glue Sphere
Not exactly a sphere, but still interesting.
Structural Sphere
I really do like how this one turned out personally.
Surface Sphere
The wood glue changed the look from what I was going for,
but I was glad the concept worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment